Places Post / Vacation · July 10, 2015 3

Nova Scotia Vacation: Part One

As mentioned in my last blog post, I recently had a vacation back home in Nova Scotia. I took my boyfriend with me to show him around the place where I spent the majority of my life. It was a jam packed adventure as most of vacations are. I wanted to show him as much as I could in what little time we had there.

July 2015 (10)

We arrived before 7am on Thursday (felt like 4am for us because of the time difference). We went to my parent’s house and slept until noon. After lunch my dad took us out to visit Peggy’s Cove where we also met up with my brother and his wife.

Peggy's Cove

July 2015 (17)

On Friday we headed to the valley. We stopped to look at the Bay of Fundy and drove around my old university, Acadia. From there we went to the Oaklawn Farm Zoo with my parents, brother, sister-in-law, and their 4 boys.

July 2015 (43)

July 2015 (19)

Saturday morning we went to visit my grandparents. In the afternoon we went to my brother’s house to celebrate my oldest nephew’s 7th birthday. In the evening my mom took us out to Point Pleasant Park for a walk.

July 2015 (57)

Sunday morning we drove to Truro to Victoria Park for another walk on our way to Cape Breton. My brother’s family came to meet us at the park as well. After lunch we started our long drive to Cheticamp where we ran into the cast of the Simpsons.
July 2015 (58)

Monday morning was extremely windy. I think they were saying 120km winds were in the forecast. We set out to take a drive along the Cabot Trail which was interesting with all the wind. The water had a lot of vapor floating across it because of the wind. In some sections you could also see a rainbow being formed on the water.

July 2015 (65)

July 2015 (6668)

Tuesday we finished driving along the Cabot Trail and headed for my favorite beach, Clam Harbour. It wasn’t really warm enough to go swimming, but the fog floating onto the beach looked really neat.

We made a short visit with my aunt and uncle, and then continued our drive home. Once there, my sister-in-law took us out to the store where I used to work to pick up a gift I had shipped out for my nephews birthday. We made it to the mall with only 10 minutes to closing. I hope the girl wasn’t too mad that we showed up so late.